Thursday, January 8, 2009

Take a Deep Breath

I had a debate with a co-worker today about what we both see as the inevitability of government healthcare. He was pretty casual about the whole thing. I was not. Unfortunately, I had read this article and was not so very calm about the idea of rationed healthcare. Call me crazy, but I think my doctor should decide what my treatment will be, no matter the cost, and not Tom Daschle's Health Advisory Board. Sure, he paints the board as merely making suggestions but the money quote reveals all: Yet to ensure that there are no rogue private insurers, he has proposed making the employer tax deduction for providing health insurance dependent on compliance with the board's standards. In an overtly political ruse, Democrats will claim they are dictating nothing to private providers, while whipping noncompliant insurers in place through the tax code.

There you go. Enjoy!

No comments: